Leave a lasting legacy...Their life is in your hands.
Much of our income comes from the generosity of people like you, whether it’s through adoptions, donations, or taking part in fundraising events. But it’s a little known fact that a vast amount of our vital income actually comes from people leaving charitable legacies in Wills.
For instance, in previous years, gifts in Wills have enabled us to…
- Successfully release adoptive baby Sogo-Sogo.
- Continue to provide care to other baby orangutans at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre.
- Build a new exercise enclosure for the babies.
- Provide two full-time vets for the Centre.
- Sponsor the two mobile orangutan rescue teams in conjunction with the Centre for Orangutan Protection (COP) in Indonesia.
- Continue our ground-breaking post-release monitoring research.
It is a common myth that you have to be wealthy to leave a charitable legacy in your Will, but nothing could be further from the truth. By supporting a small charity such as Orangutan Appeal UK, every single donation makes a huge difference to our vital and life-saving work. Thankfully, 74% of the UK population alone support charities, and when asked, 35% of those say they’d happily leave a charitable gift in their Will once their friends and family have been provided for. The problem is, only 7% actually do.
Of course we don’t expect you to write or update your Will right now. Instead, we only ask that you don’t forget. So please keep us in your mind; perhaps discuss the subject with your family and friends and then maybe, when the time comes, you’ll consider leaving a charitable gift in your Will to help our work live on.
Some things are easy to forget, don’t let charity be one of them….
For more information about leaving a charitable gift in your Will, please contact:
Orangutan Appeal UK
Or kindly email: firstname.lastname@example.org